Eye opening Stuff

Wow! I did it and I am so glad I did. There were a few times before the doctor called me back this morning that I seriously thought I was going to bolt down the hall. I arrived when they said I should, and of course, they took my money first. Then I waited. They finally called me back and took a few more measurements of my eye. That was the first time I got to meet the surgeon who was going to do my procedure. He is well known in the area where I live, and he assured me that , yes, he did know what he was doing and had done thousands and thousand so fprocedures, most more difficult than mine. I was having custom LASIK, so he swore I would see just fine, better than I could with glasses or contacts. Then they gave me the valium. I am not a pill taker at all, and they asked me to CHEW them up. I did that, but I swear, nothing happened. They led me to a dimly lit room to wait. There was another woman there who also had the same funny looking cap on her head. She told me her valium hadn't done anything for her either. They gave us both name tag with some kind of code on it. They were different and we spent a few minutes trying to figure out what they meant. We heard some knocking sounds and a woman walked out of the surgery room squealing and saying, "Thank you thank you." A good sign, right?
They called the other lady in first. I heard knocking again, and then she came out squealing too. I knew I had lost my last chance to run, but they called me in. It was freezing in the room. I laid on the table as they asked, and they gave me a stuffed dog to hug. I immediately started to shake. It was freezing in the room and I was scared out of my head. They covered me with blanket and use a swab to numb my eye, then taped my lashes back. That wasn't pleasant. I murdered the stuffed dog. The next part, I didn't feel. They asked me to look into the light and be still. Since I was shaking I had a hard time holding my head still. Someone held it for me and finally, the doctor was able to make the incision in my cornea. The light went black, like I had my eyes closed. Then I heard the clicking sound again. They said the laser would track my eye now. And suddenly the flashing light came back. I wasn't as afraid for the other eye and didn't shake as much. This was a good thing, the doctor stopped cussing at me. A whole lot of eye drops, then they sat me up and asked me what time it was. And yes, I could see. I don't think I have ever been able to read a clock across a room in my life. It wa a little foggy, sort of like when you walk into a room when your glasses fog up, but I could see. There was no blur. Running down the hall squealing isn't my style, so I quietly moved to the dark waiting room again.
I sat in the dark room a few more minutes and the surgeon checked my eyes once more, gave me some sunglasses and sent me on my way. The valium still had done nothing, but I went home and tried my best to sleep for the three hours they said I should. When I got up, the fog was gone. Clear vision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed-But Still Awesome!

Ugly Feet E-mail/Summer Open Toe Shoe Pledge

What are friends for?