February Book List-Good, Bad & Heady

I had a slow February. I only read five books, but I got a lot of other things done.
1. The Awakening-LA Banks. The next installment in the Neteru story of Damali Richards. As good as the last. I already have the next book waiting for me. She wins the read of the month again. It was steamy where you wanted it to be, and most certainly a page turner. The descriptions of the levels of hell were fabulous, and of course political statements werre once again woven skillfully throughout the book.made me want to go out and bite someone. Okay, maybe not.
2. So You call yourself a man,-Carl Weber. I couldn't finish. Life is too short to crawl through a book that isn't holding your interest. I don't know if I was just not in the right frame of mind for this one or what, but I was expecting it to be like The Preacher's Son, which I enjoyed, but it wasn't. Maybe I will revisit it at a later date.
3. Candy Licker-Noire. I truly enjoyed G-Spot, so I was looking forward to this one. I even had a brown paper cover to hide the suggestive cover. Okay, no I didn't, and a few mothers raised their eyebrows at me while I was reading in the carpool line. This story was good, but I don't think it was different enough from the first one. Bad man dominates needy woman who thinks he can get her where she wants to be, then figures out that the abuse is not worth it and one day decides she no longer wants to be a punching bag to bolster his self esteem as he tries to make up for lack of penis, takes up with the bad man's right hand guy, and together they take over the empire through not always legal means and triumph in the end. Great cover though.
4. I know I've Been Changed-Reshonda Tate Billingsley. This was a great, wholesome story without preachiness. We all have some crazy family that we wish would go away but know they ain't going anywhere because they are ours! I especially liked the part where the scorned woman ran over the philandering boyfriend in her car. How many of us wanted to do that at some point in our lives but jail just wasn't for us? You go, ReShonda.
5. Siddartha-Herman Hesse. The heady read of the month. I actually read this a few years back and decided to read it again to see if any of the maturity that I have (hopefully) gained over the years would give me new insight and understanding of the book and Siddartha's quest for enlightenment. It did.

Happy Reading!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Siddartha!

Namaste!
Anonymous said…
The Preacher's Son is boring the crap out of me.

Popular posts from this blog

What are friends for?

Closed-But Still Awesome!

Ugly Feet E-mail/Summer Open Toe Shoe Pledge