Closed-But Still Awesome!

It's a wrap for me! 2023 was good to me. in terms of experiences and opportunities that came my way, but now its time for some rest and relaxation.

I'm taking the rest of the year off, from EVERYTHING...day job, passion projects included.

I set goals at the beginning of the year, on reviewing them, I accomplished several, but if it's not done now, it's not gonna get done in the last 2 1/2 weeks of the year. I could sprint for the finish line and fall over, it, exhausted, or I can step back and learn lessons from the 12 months that I worked towards these goals. I'm choosing the latter. I am going to slow down to refocus so that I can step into 2024 properly paced.

Taking a break may seem counterintuitive to some, but it's not a sign of weakness, it's an act of self care.

I'm a writer. I'm a coach, and I am an UX Research Leader.

Creativity fuels my work, but when constantly on the go, the wellspring of inspiration can run dry. Or you just get tired. A break will allow me to fill my creative tank, reconnect with my inner muse, and come back with a fresh perspective and renewed passion for storytelling.

As a coach, I guide individuals to define their goals in order to write their own stories, without apology.


To do that, I need to be present, grounded, and radiate positive energy.

A break will give me the space to recalibrate myself so I can return to my clients and my yoga mat, feeling refreshed and ready to support their journeys with a renewed enthusiasm.

As a user experience research leader, understanding the needs, and motivations of users is what I do. I need to step back from the daily grind and gain fresh perspectives by experiencing the world through a travelers lens. I'll be able to gather invaluable insights that will inform my research and create even more inclusive and enriching user experiences.



Nourishing Mind, Body, and Soul:

I'm going to focus on self-care activities that nourish my mind, body, and soul.

I'm going to:
  • immerse myself in the beauty and cultures of West Africa.
  • practice meditation and mindfulness to cultivate inner peace and clarity.
  • strengthen my connections with my loved ones to share experiences and travel adventures.
  • and, of course read that which will inspire and motivate me to pursue new horizons.
I'm confident that taking this break will be the perfect springboard for an even more successful and fulfilling 2024.

I may post a few pictures, I may not, but intend to largely disconnect from all social platforms.

I'll return feeling rejuvenated, brimming with ideas, re-imagining and rebranded and ready to tackle whatever challenges and opportunities come my way!


Your Recharge Journey:

In the meantime, I encourage you to consider taking your own break. It may be just what you need to recharge and come back stronger than ever.

Remember, taking care of yourself is not selfish; it's essential for your well-being and allows you to show up more fully in all aspects of your life. ✨

Until next year, may your journey be filled with adventure, discovery, and reconnection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are friends for?

Ugly Feet E-mail/Summer Open Toe Shoe Pledge