Three Day for the Cure UPdate

I wanted to follow up on the e-mail I sent you earlier about my participation in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I've been spending the past few weeks preparing for the event and have really made a lot of progress. So far I've raised 2130.00. My personal goal is to raise 5000 for this walk, but before I get there, I have to raise the minimum to participate, which is 2300. As you an see, I only have a few hundred dollars to go. I also recently decided to be a training walk leader in the an Diego Metro area and am anticipating undergoing my training in the next few days.

My training is also going well. I walk or run a minimum of 3 miles per day. I can hardly wait to hit the road with the thousands of other women and men who are joining together for this common cause.

There is still time for you to support my efforts with a donation. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

As I mentioned in my original note, I am walking in memory of my mother, Elvie Powell, who succumbed to breast cancer at the age of 38, but we all know someone who has been touched by this horrible disease.

Follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page and make a donation.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Nina Foxx

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/SanDiegoEvent2010?px=5025450&pg=personal&fr_id=1469&et=Bw009uMVl-TYiVXlHicHhg..&s_tafId=237738


If you no longer wish to receive email messages sent from your friends on behalf of this organization, please click here or paste this URL into your browser: http://www.the3day.org/site/TellFriendOpt?action=optout&toe=72f832072c6a8f6e643b2392c1a7158c52869c15ef04f318

For more information about the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure or Susan G. Komen for the Cure, visit The3Day.org or call 800-996-3DAY.

©2010 Susan G. Komen for the Cure. 205 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 2630, Chicago, IL 60601. The Running Ribbon is a registered trademark of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed-But Still Awesome!

What are friends for?

Ugly Feet E-mail/Summer Open Toe Shoe Pledge